ENT Department Clinics
The ENT branch of Rambam is dedicated to the treatment of diseases of the ear, throat, and nose, as well as tumors in the head and neck area. The main focus of the department is the diagnosis and treatment of patients suffering from various diseases of the nose, sinuses, ears, mouth, throat, pharynx, head, neck, and the base of the skull. Patients of all ages are treated here.
Hearing and speech audiology center
The ENT audiology center performing hearing tests and screening tests for infants with high risk of hearing loss and deafness, and infants at the age of 7 months, following a failure primary screening tests.
The center performs Otoacoustic Emissions testing to detect hearing impairments, ENG tests, balance disorders, tympanometry and acoustic reflex tests, to examine the function of the middle ear and facial nerve.
The Audiological Institute is involved in research and academic studies and conducts courses for students of communication disorders from universities, in Israel and around the world
Nose and paranasal sinuses clinic
The Nose and Paranasal Sinuses clinic has a team of expert physicians with knowledge and experience in diagnosing and treating diseases of the nose and facial cavities (sinuses).
The clinic provides a response to common sinus diseases as well as complicated and less common diseases of the nose and sinuses, including:
- Chronic sinusitis
- Polyposis of nasal cavity and sinuses
- Fungal sinusitis
- Nasal blockage and difficulty breathing. If the blockage is caused by a deviation of the nasal septum or hypertrophy of nasal turbines, we perform a procedure to straighten the nasal septum and reduce the turbines in order to improve nasal air intake
- Nasal and sinus tumors
Thyroid and parathyroid endocrine combined clinic
At the endocrine clinic you can get professional medical advice for thyroid diseases. In this clinic, two doctors work together: a specialist in ENT and head-neck surgery and a specialist in endocrinology.
This important collaboration enables discussion and reaching an agreement regarding the patient's diagnosis, and augments the planning of personalized treatment for each patient.
The patient is exposed to two medical fields that deal with his medical problem in a single meeting, receives a detailed explanation about all aspects of his illness and receives answers for all his questions.
Surgery of thyroid and parathyroid glands - is carried out by specialists and skilled in the latest methods
- The clinic treats thyroid and parathyroid diseases, including:
- Partial or complete excision of the thyroid gland due to thyroid cancer (papillary, follicular, medullary).
- Parathyroid and hypercalcemia (high calcium blood figures) tumor
- Diagnosis and planning treatment of goiter