ENT department - main page >
FESS surgery- Instructions
- Fasting (including drinking) from midnight, the night before surgery.
- Before the operation you will be invited for an examination of an ear, nose and throat doctor specialist, an anesthesiologist, and a nurse.
- You will then be referred to the ENT department, where you will meet the staff, you will receive instructions before surgery, and a bed to stay in the department.
- If you are staying the night before surgery at the department, you will receive a sedative medicine for sleeping, as of recommendation by the anesthesiologist.
- About two hours after you arrive in the department you will be able to drink cold water and eat lukewarm and soft food.
- It is forbidden to drink or eat hot food.
- The release from the department, for the most part, is two days after the surgery