Neurosurgery at Rambam Hospital
The Department of Neurosurgery at Rambam Medical Center engages in the treatment of diseases that affect the nervous system and require surgical intervention. These diseases include tumors of the brain and the spinal cord, spine tumors, and congenital and acquired defects of the nervous system (Hydrocephalus) and of blood vessels in the brain, as well as craniocerebral trauma.
The Department of Neurosurgery at Rambam Medical Center leads in Israel in the accumulated experience of its staff in the treatment of tumors of the spine, benign and malignant brain tumors, brain defects, and degenerative diseases of the spine.
The department successfully treats craniocerebral injuries, both through surgery and through resuscitation services. It was specifically here at Rambam that, for the first time, the FVIIa blood coagulation factor was used to stop bleeding during craniocerebral trauma.
The Department of Neurosurgery at Rambam employs high-tech equipment, which allows the department to perform highly complex operations. For example, the department employs the advanced technique of ultrasound intraoperative navigation, ensuring maximum accuracy in the removal of neoplasms from the nervous system. 5-ALK fluorescence methods are utilized by the department to detect brain tumors.
Neurosurgery Department Units
- The Resuscitative Neurosurgery Service, where the entire range of neurosurgical interventions are performed, including the most complicated operations to the base of the skull. The Resuscitative Neurosurgery Service has 11 hospitalization beds at its disposal.
- The Neurophysiological Laboratory, which allows for detailed neurophysiological intraoperative monitoring.
- The Endovascular Service, which engages in the treatment of the disease of blood vessels in the brain.
- The Tremor Treatment Clinic, which is the first clinic in Israel and the second in the world to conduct high-precision, non-invasive intracerebral intervention through the use of ultrasonic waves under the control of MRI.
- The Pediatric Neurological Service.
Surgical Procedures at the Neurosurgery Department
- V-P SHUNT
- Implementation of electrodes connected to a neurostimulator (Deep Brain Stimulation)
- Epilepsy surgery
- Brain biopsy
- Surgeries on spinal cord
- Stereotactic surgeries
Conditions Treated at the Neurosurgery Department
Tumors of the brain
- Meningioma treatment
- Pituitary Adenoma
Tumors of the brain in children
- Hemangioma of the brain
- Cysts of the brain and spinal cord
- High intracranial pressure
- Arteriovenous malformation
- Unique tumor treatment methodology
Director, Skull Base and Pituitary Surgery, The Head and Neck Center
Specialization: Neurosurgery, pediatric surgery
Use the form below to obtain an estimated cost of diagnostics and treatment at Rambam Hospital.