Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty, or UPP, is a surgical procedure that removes tissue from the throat to alleviate symptoms caused by obstructive sleep apnea. During the procedure, the surgeon removes a number of tissues including the pharynx, soft palate, tonsils, adenoids, and uvula. For those struggling with obstructive sleep apnea, or OSA, undergoing this surgical procedure may be the best option to restore healthy sleeping patterns.
Why It’s Performed
Anyone suffering from the problems associated with OSA might find this procedure to be the answer. Rather than experiencing difficulty while trying to sleep every night, your breathing can be dramatically improved by a single, simple operation. Patients who have already attempted to sleep in alternate positions and lose weight, frequently find that UPP is the solution to their obstructive sleep apnea problems.
How It’s Performed
A uvulopalatopharyngoplasty is generally performed as a stand-alone procedure. The surgeon removes any tissue blocking air from flowing at the back of the throat. After the tissue is removed, the airway grows wider and breathing becomes easier. Once the excessive tissue has been removed, a larger opening is created by folding the uvula as its sutured.
Patients typically recover within three weeks after surgery. During this recovery period, swallowing may be difficult as the throat continues to heal. By taking things slowly and consuming soft foods, you can reduce the irritation in your throat and heal faster.
|Snoring Treatment (Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty) Package||Price $|
The Package Includes:
* Robotic surgery by DE VINCI robot
* Up to 3 days of hospitalization
* ENT surgery operating room charges: operating room, recovery room, scrub & circulating nurse
* Routine laboratory tests necessary for the procedure as ordered by the attending physician
* Radiology Studies: Chest X-ray, if required Medications: Routine medication used for procedure and during admission only
* Equipment costs Medical Supplies Routine ENT Surgery Supplies Doctor Fees ENT Surgeon + Anesthesiologist + Assistant Surgeon (if necessary)
|17,350 - 18,500|